(8) H. Inpatient category change. This includes change from one paying rate
to another or from nonpaying status to paying status or vice versa.
(9) R. Remaining in hospital, end-of-month. If the patient remains in the
hospital on the last day of the month (including military patients on leave), the code "R" is
posted in the date block for the last day of the month.
(10) T. Continuing hospitalization. If the patient remains in the hospital from the
previous month, the code "T" is posted in the date block for the last day of the month.
(12) W. Inpatient on supplemental-care out. Although the patient is absent from
the hospital, these days are not days of credit.
b. Daily Rate of Charges (DA Form 3153). The amount of the rate of charges is
entered, as applicable (see figure 4-11). If the patient's status changes (as reflected by
code "H"), the old rate is crossed out and the new rate entered (change in rate); the rate is
entered (change from nonpay to pay status); or the rate is crossed out (change from pay to
nonpay status). Rates are published each fiscal year in DA Circular 40-XX-330. (The "XX"
refers to the current FY.)
Figure 4-11. DA Form 3153 (Daily Rate of Charges Section).
c. Billing Data (DA Form 3153) (see figure 4-12).
Show day, month, and year of posting.
(2) Description. Enter date of admission and date of discharge.
(3) Total days. Total days of hospitalization. Include the day of admission or
change of status to pay patient and exclude the day of disposition. If the patient is
remaining on the hospital rolls as of the last day of the month, the month-end posting will
include the day of admission and all remaining days of the month.