a. Patient's Daily Hospital Record. After the reconciliation in paragraph 4-5, the
MSA ledger clerk reviews the entire AAD Report. From the transactions on the AAD
Report, the ledger clerk posts the DA Form 3153 (see figure 4-10) of patients affected. It
is at this time that the ledger clerk would insure they had received a ledger card on patients
whose status had changed from nonpay to pay patient. From the list below, the clerk posts
the appropriate control code in the box showing the day of the month and the month if it has
not been previously recorded.
Figure 4-10. DA Form 3153 (Control Codes and Patient's Daily Hospital Record
(1) A. Admission of a patient to the medical treatment facility.
(2) B. On pass in excess of 24 hours but less than 72 hours.
(3) C. Leave authorized in writing by the facility commander.
(4) E. Absence without leave in excess of 72 hours.
(5) K. On order for temporary duty (TDY) or permanent change of station
(PCS) due to administrative action, retirement, of separation from the service for reasons
(6) S. Subsisting elsewhere.
NOTE: Those absences in numbers (4), (5), and (6) above apply to military patients only.
Code "K" will be used again for another type of absence for nonmilitary patients.
(7) D. Discharge (disposition) from the medical treatment facility.