other using activities. Count one for each prescription filled or refilled for individual
patients. Count one for each medication which is prepackaged or labeled in the pharmacy
for dispensing to wards and clinics. Also, count one for each over-the-counter medication
issued to clinics for direct dispensing to patients by those physician extenders not
authorized to prescribe. For all other issues, count only one for each line item on a bulk
drug order if the issue does NOT involve prepackaging or labeling by the pharmacy.
Pharmacies using a unit dose drug distribution system, count 0.1 for each unit dispensed.
For each intravenous (IV) admixture prepared, count 1.5. Round the total to the nearest
whole number before reporting.
c. Pathology Services.
(1) Clinical pathology--weighted value (code DBA).
(2) Anatomical pathology--weighted value (code DBB).
(3) Blood bank weighted value (code DBC).
(4) Clinical pathology--(number of procedures)(code XBA) . Report the raw
count of procedures from which the weighted value is calculated. The raw count reported is
based upon the "item of count" provided in the College of American Pathologists
Laboratory Workload Reporting Method (LWRM) manual.
(5) Anatomical pathology-- (number of procedures)(code XBB). Report the
raw count of procedures from which the weighted value is calculated.
(6) Blood bank-(number of procedures)(code XBC). Report the raw count of
procedures from which the weighted value is calculated.
The WWR should not be delayed if data from direct care centers are not
available. Reporting of data from direct care centers is not mandatory. However, direct
care data should be included whenever possible due to its importance in evaluating the
MTF's entire workload.
(1) Diagnostic radiology--weighted value (code DCA). Report the workload
accomplished in this workcenter; i.e., radiology lab.
(2) Diagnostic radiology, direct care--weighted value (code XDC). Report the
workload accomplished in direct care; i.e., Emergency Room or other specialties.