APPENDIX: FOOD INSPECTION SERVICE GUIDE
a. Food handlers' certificates. (AR 40-5)
(1) Have all permanent personnel satisfactorily passed food handler's
(2) Where are the reports of the examinations maintained?
b. Daily examinations. (AR 40-5)
(1) Are food service personnel examined for evidence of communicable
disease each day?
(2) Who makes this inspection among the food service personnel?
(3) Do you see any indications of communicable disease in any of the food
c. Personal hygiene. (AR 40-5)
(1) Do all personnel have clean hands and nails? Are nails trimmed short?
(2) Do all personnel have properly trimmed hair?
(3) Are all personnel wearing clean clothes?
(4) Do all food-handling personnel wear head covers? Are armpits covered?
(5) Do all personnel wash their hands thoroughly just before coming on duty
and after returning from the latrine?
General. (AR 40-5, TM 10-405)
a. Insects and rodents. (AR 420-76. TM 5-632)
(1) Is there evidence of flies, rodents, etc.?
(2) Are all measures being taken to keep insect and rodents at a minimum?
Ask about the control measure, frequency, cycle, type insecticide (or
rodenticide), and method of use.
(3) Are the insect and rodent control measures effective?