d. Ice chest.
(1) Is the ice chest clean, covered, and used for ice only?
(2) Is there a proper type drain that does not create a nuisance, nor allow
sewage to back up into the chest?
(3) Is the chest located to facilitate easy cleaning in and around it?
(4) Is the ice used in drinks? Does it come in contact with raw foods?
(5) Is it potable ice?
(6) Are scoops, tongs, or other ice-dispensing utensils stored on a clean, dry
surface, in a continuously flowing dipper well, in an approved clean
sanitized solution, or in the ice with the handle extended out of the ice?
(7) Is glassware used to scoop ice from an ice bin?
e. Water fountain.
(1) Is it free of gum, cigarettes, etc.?
(2) Is the fountain an angle jet type with a protected orifice at least I inch
above the fountain rim?
(1) Is it clean, well-ventilated, and insect and rodent proof?
(2) Is it large enough to hold a complete ration of bread and pastry?
Kitchen. (AR 420-55)
(1) Are ranges kept scrupulously clean and free of food and dirt?
(2) Does range or wall insulation harbor insects?
(3) Are ventilating hoods provided over ranges and griddles?
(4) Is there an accumulation of grease in the range hoods?