(1) Are worktables cleaned, rinsed, sanitized after each raw food contact?
(2) Are worktables in good repair?
(3) Are cutting boards used to protect worktable surfaces?
(4) Are the tables badly cut up? Do they have open cracks that harbor food
particles and bacteria?
(1) Are cooking utensils disinfected by heat or hot water and air-dried?
(2) Are storage shelves, compartments, and utensil racks free of grease,
dust, and unnecessary equipment?
(3) Are pots and pans stored in a dry place, bottom up, and not inside one
(4) Is an abrasive material used for cleaning plated utensils?
(5) Has plating been worn from inside surfaces of utensils? Is rust evident in
(6) Are wood-handled or wood utensils allowed to soak in water? Are they
free of cracks or splits that can harbor food and bacteria?
(7) Are knives kept separate from other utensils and in a sanitary rack?
(8) Is overhead storage of sharp or heavy utensils allowed?
(9) Is the potato peeler disassembled and cleaned after each use?
d. Sinks. (AR 420-55)
(1) Are sinks thoroughly cleaned after each use?
(2) Are sinks supplied with drain boards?
(3) Has the galvanized plating been worn off sink surfaces?
(4) Do sinks rust in the worn places between uses?