(2) Check the item to make sure it matches the description on the receipt
document. Report any problems to the SSA issue clerk for corrections.
(3) Count all items. Make sure the quantity received agrees with the
quantity recorded on the receipt document. Report any differences to the SSA issue
clerk for correction.
(4) Check end items for completeness. Use the proper TM or supply
catalog (SC) to identify components. Make a list of any component shortages. Use this
list and the TM or SC to prepare the hand receipt shortage annex. Report shortages to
the SSA issue clerk.
(5) Check the serial numbers when items with serial numbers are received.
Items such as vehicles, materials handling equipment, office machines, generators,
controlled cryptographic items (CCI), classified communication security (COMSEC), and
weapons will have serial numbers. Check the item's serial number with the one
recorded on the receipt document. If there is no serial number listed on the receipt
document, enter it. Report any serial number problems to the SSA issue clerk for
(6) Make a visual check of the condition of the items. If they are damaged,
tell the SSA issue clerk. The issue clerk will take action according to DA PAM 710-2-2.
(7) If serviceability of an item is questionable, notify the property book officer
(PBO). The PBO and stock record officer will resolve the matter.
(8) Sign the receipt document after actions in paragraphs 3-3a(1) through
(7) are completed.
b. When property is to be issued on a hand or subhand receipt, the receiving
person must inventory the property. Take the following actions.
(1) Check each item to make sure the item and its description on the hand
or subhand receipt match. Make a list of any differences.
(2) Count all items. Make sure the quantity received agrees with the hand
or subhand receipt. Check end items for completeness using the proper TM or SC.
Make sure component shortages are listed on a hand receipt shortage annex. Make a
list of any differences.
(3) Verify serial numbers. Check the item's serial number with the serial
number recorded on the hand or subhand receipt. Make a list of any differences.
(4) Report differences to the person making the issue. Make sure all
problems are corrected before signing the hand or subhand receipt.