(8) Battery level indicator (25). The battery level meter displays the charge
capacity of battery power pak when units are turned on in the BATTERY mode. When the
indicator is in the green area, the power pak is adequately charged. When the indicator is
in the red area, the power pak should be recharged or exchanged for one fully charged
(9) Selected energy display (26). The digital display of selected energy level
LED numerals will flash during the defibrillator charge. They will glow steadily when the
defibrillator is fully charged. "Err" (error) will be displayed when the paddles are not
plugged in or higher than 50j are selected with the internal paddles connected.
(10) Delivered energy display (27). There is a digital display of the precise
delivered energy into the test load circuit or to the patient at all levels (+/-15 percent) upon
(11) Sternum button (28). The sternum defibrillator paddle has one red
discharge button. It should be positioned on the sternum for the paddle pick-up ECG
(12) Apex button (29). The apex defibrillator paddle has one red discharge
button and one yellow defibrillator remote charge button. Depressing the yellow charge
button will activate the charging cycle. The charge button flashes during the charging cycle
and glows steadily when the defibrillator is ready to fire. The paddle should be positioned
near the cardiac apex for paddle pick-up.
Depress both red fire buttons simultaneously to discharge the defibrillator
(13) Test load display (30). A test load of 50 ohms is provided to test the
defibrillation charge at any selected energy level. The delivered energy (15 percent) is
displayed by the delivered energy meter.
(14) Defibrillator power cord (31). Refer to figure 1-4 for paragraphs (14)
through (18). The defibrillator power cord provides ac power to the interconnected
defibrillator and monitor modules when it is connected to a grounded ac power source.
(15) Power cord receptacle (32). The power cord receptacle is used to receive
the monitor module power cord when the defibrillator power cord is used to provide line
power and a battery charge for both modules.
(16) Paddle cord connector receptacle (33). The paddle cord connector
receptacle receives the external, internal and/or anterior/posterior paddle cord connector.
Line up the yellow guide markings to facilitate connection.