(1) Are foods/food containers stored above the floor (> 6") on clean racks,
dollies, non-wood pallets, or other easily cleanable surfaces?
(2) Does the arrangement facilitate a proper rotation and checking of stocks
and cleaning of shelves and storage compartments?
(3) Are insecticides, rodenticides, lye, or other poisons kept in food
Dining hall area.
Has the surrounding area been properly filled or drained to prevent standing
b. Mop rack.
(1) Is the mop and broom rack of adequate size and properly constructed?
(2) Is it properly cleaned?
(3) Is the rack properly utilized?
c. Vegetable bin.
(1) Is the bin properly constructed and ventilated?
(2) Is the bin properly utilized and maintained in a clean condition?
(3) Are spoiled vegetables regularly sorted out and discarded?
d. Garbage rack. (AR 40-5)
(1) Is the rack conveniently located/constructed to prevent excessive soil
(2) Is there a building roof or a screened enclosure around or over the
(3) Is the rack frequently and adequately cleaned?
(4) Is the rack area kept cleaned and sprayed to prevent fly breeding?