sanitizers, are manufacturer label instructions followed?
g. Grease Traps (AR 420-49, AR 420-55)
(1) Are grease traps large enough?
(2) Are baffles properly placed?
(3) How often is grease trap skimmed? Scrubbed? Emptied and cleaned?
(4) Do food handlers clean grease traps?
(5) What is done with the grease?
h. Cross-connections. (AR 40-5)
(1) Are any faucets, hose connections, or other water inlets to fixtures below
the overflow rim of the sink or fixture? Especially in steam tables and
(2) Is there sufficient freefall (broken connection) between the drain lines of
coffee urns, dishwashers, steam kettles, or other permanent fixtures and
the sewer line?
(3) Are all toilets equipped with siphon breakers?
(4) Do any exposed drain lines or steam lines pass over any food storage or
(a) Are reach-in refrigerators maintained at or below 40 F (4 C) to
ensure stored product temperatures are maintained below 45 F
(b) Are walk-in refrigerators maintained at the appropriate temperature
required by the stored product?
(c) Is the refrigerator temperature clearly marked on the outside?
(d) Are freezers maintained at an air temperature of 0 F (-17.7 C)?