DA FORM 2405, MAINTENANCE REQUEST REGISTER
a. Purpose. The DA Form 2405 is a compilation of all work requests (DA
Forms 2407) handled by a maintenance activity.
The DA Form 2405 is a support maintenance management record.
(2) The maintenance request register is a ready source for answers to
questions on maintenance requests. It also provides information for management
reports, such as backlog status reports, etc.
(3) The DA 2405 is used at organizational level as a quality control sheet
and a record of maintenance requests sent to support units.
c. Preparation of the DA Form 2405. Refer to figure 1-17.
(1) Column a, Job order number. Enter the work order number from DA
Form 2407, for example, 5034-0001. You may also put the priority designator (PD) in column
"a" or in the left-hand margin.
(2) Column b, Quantity and nomenclature. Enter the total number of items
from block 16a of DA Form 2407 and the name of the items (do not enter the number if
only one item is listed). Enter the information from block 3 of DA Form 2407.
(3) Column c, Work requested by. Enter the name of the unit or activity
requesting the repair. Take this information from block 1a of DA Form 2407, for example, X-ray
00 Evacuation Hospital.
(4) Column d, Serial/registration number. Enter the serial number of the
item. Take this information from block 2 or block 16 of DA Form 2407, for example, 14905.
(a) Enter a locally assigned number, such as the bumper number, if no
serial or registration number is listed.
(b) Use separate lines when more than one serial or registration
number is on the DA Form 2407.
(5) Column e, Brief description of work. Briefly describe the work to be
accomplished, for example, exposure light inop.
(6) Column f, Date job order received. Enter the Julian date the work
request was received, for example, 5034.