(b) Block 11, Remarks. Use as needed to explain any entries on the
(c) Block 12a, Verified by (signature). The commander signs in the
block with blue or black ink.
(d) Block 12b, Date. The commander puts in the Julian date he or she
signs the report with blue or black ink.
i. Distribution of DA Form 2406. Distribute the copies of the MCSR as
(1) Forward the original completed copy of the MCSR for items in Appendix
B of AR 700-138 through local command channels to the data reduction center.
(2) Reserve and National Guard units keep one copy (machine or hard) of
all DA Form 2406 reports on file for one year and then destroy them according to the
instructions in AR 25-400-2.
(3) Active Army units keep one copy of each DA Form 2406 for six months
and then destroy them.
Send one copy of the MCSR to higher headquarters.
(5) Send one copy of the DA Form 2406 to the supporting supply and
Provide copies of the unit MCSR to the local AMC logistics assistance
(7) Submit a hard copy of DA Form 2406 directly to CNGB, ATTN: ARL-M,
The Pentagon, Washington, DC 20310-2500. The report is due to the National Guard
Bureau (NGB) not later than the first of the month after the cutoff date of the report.
Ensure reports are moved rapidly through all levels of command.
(a) The data reduction center maintains a six-month history file of DD
Form 1392 (Data Message Form) for any reports sent by electrical means.
(b) Commanders maintain a six-month history file of certified/registered
mail receipts for those DA Forms 2406 sent by mail.